Re: Simple HTTP request.

url = 'http://your-url-here';
output = '/tmp/result.txt';

rc = http_get( url: output);
if (rc <> 1);
  http_crash();
endif;

On 11/7/2012 8:45 AM, Versfelt, Charles wrote:
I hate to turn to the experts on something simple, but I need to get this done quickly.  I've used HTTPAPI only once, to post an XML request to another server.  Now, I want to do something simpler, but I'm not sure how.

All I need to do is run a simple HTTP request from an RPG (or CL) program, accept a response and exit.

Our network/web programmer created a URL that, when clicked on, converts a file (named in the URL) in a folder to a different format and drops it in another folder.  It returns either OK or an error.

The URL is always the same, only the name of the file changes and would be loaded by my RPG.

What's the simplest way to do that?   I'm looking through the examples in LIBHTTP and nothing's jumping out at me.

Thanks,
Charlie

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.  For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com