RE: Need Help for Currency Exchange Rate Web service

   This way you just circumvented the "DNS Server Problem" on a quick and
   dirty way. But you did not solve your basic configuration problem. As
   Mike already mentioned you should talk to the network admin to properly
   set up your TCP/IP configuration. For now it seems that your iSeries
   cannot access the Internet at all. It may be blocked by a Firewall or
   you may need to use a proxy server. I assume that no one in this
   mailing list can tell you for sure whether the core of the problem is a
   Firewal or a missing proxy server or something complety different, e.g.
   the network cable is not plugged in. The only one who should be able to
   answer that question is your network administrator.
   Last but not least I am missing the answers to Mike's questions (dated
   from 31.10.2012):
   1) Do you have a *DFTROUTE on the IBMi?
   2) Does *DFTROUTE match the default gateway of your PC?
   3) Does the iSeries and your PC belong to the same subnet?
   4) Are the DNS servers valid DNS servers? (Most likely the answer is no
   since you added webservicex.net to your host table)
   5) Does your PC use a proxy server to connect to the Internet?
   I believe that you have two options:
   a) Given that your PC and your iSeries belong to the same sub-net you
   should adjust the TCP/IP configuration of your iSeries to match the
   values of your PC (DNS server, default gateway, proxy server).
   b) If your PC belongs to a different sub-net, you need to contact your
   network administrator.
   Thomas.
   ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 02.11.2012 13:53:49:
   > Von: m.mangal@xxxxxxx
   > An: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
   > Datum: 02.11.2012 14:00
   > Betreff: RE: Need Help for Currency Exchange Rate Web service
   > Gesendet von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >

   >    I added *IOSYSCFG authority to my profile and used ADDTCPHTE
   command
   >    and added 173.201.44.188 ([1][1]www.webservicex.net) to the host
   table and
   >    again tried to consume "Example of calling WebserviceX.net's ABA
   Bank
   >    Routing"
   >

   >    below is the output of error log
   >
   >    so should I consider the prob is with  [2][2]www.webservicex.net
   and
   >    should I try some other web service provider.
   >

   >     ************Beginning of data**************
   >    HTTPAPI Ver 1.24 released 2012-01-23
   >    OS/400 Ver V7R1M0
   >
   >    http_url_post(): entered
   >    http_persist_open(): entered
   >    http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   >    DNS resolver retrans: 2
   >    DNS resolver retry  : 2
   >    DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
   >    DNS default domain: IPC.US.AEXP.COM
   >    DNS server found: 148.173.250.201
   >    DNS server found: 148.173.250.28
   >    SetError() #7: Timeout occurred while trying to connect to server!
   >

   >    Thanks,
   >
   >    Mohit Mangal
   >    Tata Consultancy Services
   >    Ph:- 9810115610
   >    Mailto: [3]m.mangal@xxxxxxx
   >    Website: [4][3]http://www.tcs.com
   >    ____________________________________________
   >    Experience certainty. IT Services
   >       Business Solutions
   >       Outsourcing

   Yesterday
   >      it worked very well for me over an hour or two while testing but
   its
   >      past history is not good.
   Of M
   >      Mangal
   >      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:23 PM
   >      To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
   >      Subject: RE: Need Help for Currency Exchange Rate Web service
   >         Hi Mike,
   >         I am totally new to this world(Consuming web services on
   AS400)
   >         could you please tell me what command do I need to run on my
   >      AS400
   >         machine so that it starts communicating to outer world or any
   >      special
   >         authority required to my profile.
   >         I will get my operations team run that command and also get
   >      authority
   >         so that I can start consuming web services.
   >         Thanks,
   >         Mohit Mangal
   >         Tata Consultancy Services
   >         Ph:- 9810115610
   >         Mailto: [1]m.mangal@xxxxxxx
   >         Website: [2][6][5]http://www.tcs.com
   >         ____________________________________________
   >         Experience certainty. IT Services
   >            Business Solutions
   >            Outsourcing
   This
   >      avoided
   >           having to authenticate to the proxy and allowed ping to
   work to
   >           check connectivity. (also allowed DNS out, ftp (to download
   >      PTFs for
   >           example), http, https, and any other services we needed to
   run)
   >      If
   >           you have to authenticate, there is built-in support in
   V1.24
   >      for
   >           basic and digest. Thomas Radditz has a patch available for
   NTLM
   [3][7][6]http://www.tools400.de/.
   >      Even if
   >           you authenticate for http, I believe you will still need to
   get
   >      DNS
   >           resolution to work (hole in network or using internal DNS
   that
   >      will
   >           resolve the external references for you).
   Behalf
   >      Of M
   >           Mangal
   >           Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:00 AM
   >           To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
   >           Subject: Re: Need Help for Currency Exchange Rate Web
   service
   >              Scott,
   >              I also tried pinging with IP address but no Luck
   >              3 > PING
   >              RMTSYS('173.201.44.188')
   >                  Verifying connection to host system
   >              173.201.44.188.
   >                  No response from host within 1 seconds for
   connection
   >           verification
   >              1.
   >                  No response from host within 1 seconds for
   connection
   >           verification
   >              2.
   >                  No response from host within 1 seconds for
   connection
   >           verification
   >              3.
   >                  No response from host within 1 seconds for
   connection
   >           verification
   >              4.
   >                  No response from host within 1 seconds for
   connection
   >           verification
   >              5.
   >                  Connection verification statistics: 0 of 5
   successful (0
   >              %).
   >              Thanks,
   >              Mohit Mangal
   >              Tata Consultancy Services
   >              Ph:- 9810115610
   >              Mailto: [1]m.mangal@xxxxxxx
   >              Website: [2][5][9][8]http://www.tcs.com
   >              ____________________________________________
   >              Experience certainty. IT Services
   >                 Business Solutions
   >                 Outsourcing

   IMPORTANT NOTICE:
   This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
   intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
   reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a
   criminal
   offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to
   the sender.