Re: HTTPAPI Incoming values blank? Please help

Hm, based on the input you provided so far, "errorString" looks like a standard attribute to me:

<InitiateConnectDisconnectResult>
  <errorObject
      objectID="Unknown ... Id"
      errorString="A previously .... (serial_port=0)."
      eventTime="2012-10-25T13:56:58.1293269-05:00" />
</InitiateConnectDisconnectResult>

You should be able to get it with http_nextXmlAttr(). Here is a concrete
example taken from EXAMPLE11.MBR of HTTPAPI v1.25beta2:

  P Incoming        B
  D Incoming        PI
  D   userdata                      *   value
  D   depth                       10I 0 value
  D   name                      1024A   varying const
  D   path                     24576A   varying const
  D   value                    65535A   varying const
  D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)
  D                                     const options(*varsize)

  D count           s             10I 0
  D attrname        s           1024A   varying
  D attrval         s          65535A   varying

  // sometimes an element will have attributes.  In the example
  // XML shown above, the only attribute is the VERSION attrib
  // of the RSS tag.
  //
  // The following searches through the attribute list of the
  // rss tag to extract the version number.

  if (name = 'rss');

     count = 1;
     dow http_nextXmlAttr(attrs: count: attrname: attrval);
        if (attrname = 'version');
           PrintLine = 'RSS version ' + attrval;
           except;
        endif;
     enddo;

  endif;

For you it should be:

  if (name = 'errorObject');
     count = 1;
     dow http_nextXmlAttr(attrs: count: attrname: attrval);
        if (attrname = 'errorString');
           // dsply %subst(attrval: 1: 52);
        endif;
     enddo;
  endif;

Of course the value of "errorObject" is blank because it does not have a value. But it has three attributes.

I recommend to post the debug log if you do not agree with me.

Thomas.