RE: Parsing error

I have heard back from Avalara and there is a fix but unfortunately it will not be available until early next time.   We are supposed to go live with this project mid November.    They suggest to code around it or use the JSON solution.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:31 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Parsing error

hi Laura,

The XML parser included with HTTPAPI is Expat, which is one of the most widely used XML parsers in the world.  It's the same XML parser that's built-in to many operating systems and programming languages.  It's not a "home grown XML parser."

The fact remains that their XML is not well-formed, and rather than fix it, they're giving you attitude.

If you wish to use a DOM parser, that's up to you.  You can call HTTP_url_post(), and it will save your document to the IFS.  You can then choose to use any XML parser you like, there's no requirement to use Expat.  I only included it in an attempt to make things easier for you.

-SK