Re: FTP Error 10

I disagree.. It makes perfect sense, based on the code you posted for the endPgm subroutine. Your endPgm subroutine calls FTP_quit() when an error has occurred on FTP_put(). So if an error occurs before the 226 response, you still send the "QUIT", and then get another error on the quit.

I don't understand why the server is disconnecting before sending the 226. You say it's doing some other processing first -- okay, but how? That's not normally possible in an FTP server. Do they have a special FTP server that does this? Or did they write their own?

At any rate, if the server knows it has to do this processing, but yet is disconnecting before returning the 226, it means that the _server_ is timing out waiting for _itself_, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would it time out when waiting for itself?

Possibly you have run a SITE command to increase the timeout on the server side. I can't tell you what that is, since it varies from FTP server to FTP server. But, I think you could figure it out with a few minutes of poking around or looking at documentation for the FTP server.

-SK