Re: FTP Error 10

Hi Barb,

The error message (about the connection being reset) means that a network connection was ended "abnormally." Error code #10 means that it happened while FTPAPI was receiving a line of data from the remote host.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that after the file is transferred, the FTP server is disconnecting you while you are in the middle of receiving a response. Normally this shouldn't happen, because TCP keeps the data in it's buffers until the connection is closed -- but sometimes people configure their TCP settings weird, so that data doesn't get kept once the connection is closed. (This would be on the server side, not on the side where FTPAPI is running.)

Are you receiving this while calling FTP_put()? Or FTP_quit()? Or, which API are you calling? If it's during FTP_quit(), I wouldn't worry about it.

The description is provided by the operating system. It's CPE3426 from message file QCPFMSG.