Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:40 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Getting a Log from the FTPAPI Transactions

It's been a while, how do I force a dumb of the job log? Not finding it online.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The ftp_log() API will enable logging for all FTP sessions, or ftp_logging()
can be used to enable it for only one session.

Once enabled, the FTP protocol data will be written to the job log. IF this is a one-time deal, it might be easiest to do that, then dump the job log to
a spooled file, and e-mail it to yourself.

If this will be an ongoing need, you can use the FTP_xproc() procedure to
register an exit procedure. Use the FTP_EXTLOG exit point, and it will send
all of the logging information to a procedure of your choice instead of
sending it to the job log.  You can then write code that puts it into a
file, or whatever is convenient for you.  This way, you can make it look
nice in an e-mail, and make it go automatically (without a need for stuff
like dumping a job log.)

-SK