Re: RPG Array's - Please Help

   I would be happy to send it to but based on what I have seen of this
   thread, I don't think that is what you are looking for.
   As I understand this you have a web service written in Java that wants
   to call a program on the AS/400. Is that correct?
   If yes, you are using PCML to build the call to the AS/400 programs and
   you want to pass arrays of data to the AS/400?
   First of all, let me say that I don't believe in using PCML to pass
   array or other information to the AS/400. It just gets too complicated.
   What I have done at my present company is to abstract the interface
   away but that is probably too complex for you.
   What I would suggest is to use XML. Just build an XML string with your
   data and pass all the requests that way so that interface is always the
   same.
   In the receiving AS/400 you just receive a single varchar string (a
   Varying Character field) say 32K in size. In your receiving program,
   you just use EXPAT, or SAX or XML-INTO to parse the XML and process.
   Using this method, you can pass any kind of data no matter how complex.
   The sending program and receiving programs just have to agree on what
   the XML looks like.
   All this assumes that I have understood you situation correctly. Have I
   understand the problem?

   On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Giel van der Merwe