Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java

On 9/19/2012 9:37 AM, Jon Paris wrote:
I think that would be a good idea Scott - as long as the web forum package chosen allows one to subscribe to an area to be notified by email of any new threads. The biggest nag up I have with many web forums is that I miss interesting topics because I just don't have to time to visit every day. With lists like this I get the email and can catch up even when disconnected.

On 2012-09-19, at 10:41 AM, Scott Klement wrote:

Hi folks,

I find myself wondering if, maybe, it'd be better for everyone if we replaced this mailing list with a set of web forums.  What do you think of this idea?

This would make it possible to divide the forum into different subject areas, like we could have a discussion area for non-HTTPAPI web services, a discussion area for FTPAPI, a discussion area for other stuff I've published like IFS or HSSF/POI.

Obviously a lot of people would like to discuss other things besides FTPAPI/HTTPAPI, and I wonder if that wouldn't be easier to manage?

Furthermore, I'm having trouble (technical problems) with this mailing list software, and am thinking it'd be nice to replace it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-SK
Jon Paris

www.partner400.com