Re: What should we do with this list?

   I like the fact that there's no need to go check to see if anything is
   happening here - the e-mail notification feature is, IMO, the best
   feature of lists.
   I suppose RSS, where available, does almost the same thing, but I've
   not had much success with RSS. Perhaps it's my setup or lack of
   knowledge, but I've never seen how to get RSS to announce web
   notifications on my Android device.
   But I certainly understand your dilemma, and appreciate the fact that
   you've solicited advice rather than handing down an edict. This is,
   after all, your site, and not mine.
   ++
   Dennis
   ++
   If all the cars in the United States were packed end to end, it would
   probably be Labor Day.
   Bravely sent from my Galaxy tablet phone.
   ++

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,
I find myself wondering if, maybe, it'd be better for everyone if we
replaced this mailing list with a set of web forums.  What do you think
of this idea?
This would make it possible to divide the forum into different subject
areas, like we could have a discussion area for non-HTTPAPI web
services, a discussion area for FTPAPI, a discussion area for other
stuff I've published like IFS or HSSF/POI.
Obviously a lot of people would like to discuss other things besides
FTPAPI/HTTPAPI, and I wonder if that wouldn't be easier to manage?
Furthermore, I'm having trouble (technical problems) with this mailing
list software, and am thinking it'd be nice to replace it.
Please let me know your thoughts.
-SK