From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Scott Klement
Sent: Fri 9/14/2012 5:06 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: HTTPAPI - Anyone want to help a new guy

Hi Kenny,

It's hard to tell if you're doing this, or if it's a copy/paste error,
so I'll ask..    are you doing something like this?

mydata = 'POST /Optimum_Web_Service/MultiSpeak/30/MR_Server.asmx
HTTP/1.1' + CRLF
               + 'Host: 10.30.253.58' + CRLF
...and so forth...

The reason I'm asking this is that I see that data (which is the HTTP
protocol) repeated twice in your log file.  In one place, it's where the
HTTP protocol is meant to be, as sent from HTTPAPI.  In the other place,
it appears to be part of the data uploaded.

If this is what's happening, please do NOT put the HTTP protocol data in
the string you're passing to HTTPAPI.   That defeats the whole purpose
of using HTTPAPI in the first place.  The point of HTTPAPI is that it
takes care of handling the HTTP protocol for you so that you don't have
to.   You just provide the actual "payload", so to speak -- or the data
that needs to be sent.  Let HTTPAPI worry about how to identify the data
to the HTTP server.

Your data should just be:

myData = '<?xml ...';   etc.  It should not contain the POST method or
the host, conntent-type, or any of tthat stuff.  That's intended to be
provided by HTTPAPI.   If you want to specify your own values for each
of these keywords, then you might check out the parameters of the
http_url_post() or http_url_post_xml() APIs, since they give you the
option to set the values of the most popular headers.

And content-length is always calculated for you.  Definitely no need to
specify it by hand.

Good luck!

On 9/14/2012 2:42 PM, Kenny Keifer wrote:
>     As you can see at the bottom of the debug text file I'm getting:
>
>     "Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; Data at the root level
>     is invalid. Line 1, position 1."
>
>     HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
>

>     Tried with and without // HTTP_setCCSIDs(1208: 0);
>
>     Got the same error
>
>     This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
>     protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have
>     received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete
>     it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its
>     contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing
>     deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened for response deadlines.
>     The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the
>     Internet.

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened for response deadlines. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.

<<winmail.dat>>