Re: Suggested (requested) mods to HTTPAPI

   Hi Dennis,
   1)  SRCLIB, INSTLIB, BINDLIB are already controllable without editing
   the source code.  When you call INSTALL, it brings up a screen where
   you can edit these values.  The only variable you asked about that's
   not set this way is the TGTRLS variable -- and I'm assuming (perhaps
   naively?) that nobody besides me uses this variable.  If you have a
   strong need for this, I would also suggest adding these to the screen
   it displays.
   I don't understand why you'd want to set them as parameters instead of
   on the screen?  This seems much less user-friendly to me, and is not
   the way most software (commercial or open source) works.
   2)   This is already the way HTTPAPI works -- it already specifies
   O_APPEND as of version 1.24.
   So it seems to me that all you're really asking for is the target
   release to be specified in the config program.  Correct?
   -SK