HTTPAPI Question

   Good morning all,

   I am doing something probably a little weird.

   I am trying to generate XML and send it to my iSeries from a green
   screen program. But using the HTTPAI code

     rc = http_url_post_xml(URL

                                : %addr(XMLString) + 2

                                : %len(XMLString)

                                : %paddr(StartOfElement)

                                : %paddr(EndOfElement)

                                : *NULL );

   I am getting a 404 return code.

   I am new at HTTP/XML and such, so I have no idea where to look for the
   reason for the error.

   The URL (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) is valid as it is used to receive XML
   requests from other systems. When I try to ping it I get an unknown
   host, but if I drop the port (:xxxx) it finds it.

   Any ideas for a novice with more toolkit than knowledge??

   Thanks

   Kevin J. Zarboni