Re: HTTPAPI - EXAMPLE1 - Send returns error #55

Hi Alan,

The error means that your connection is being disconnected in the middle of the data that's sent. The data is buffered, so you can't really say that it's happening during the data from the 2nd call (where the CRLF is) since the data is going into a buffer, and is being transferred over the network in the background.

But, one thing is for certain, for some reason you are being disconnected before the data has all been sent.

Is it possible that a firewall or other security monitoring tool is in effect on your network that might be checking for an outgoing HTTP request from your server, and either disconnecting it, or blocking it somehow? Or maybe there's a faulty piece of network equipment there? (Faulty equipment would likely affect all connections going out to the Internet, not just HTTP)

Many organizations require you to use a proxy for outside access. Could that be the case here?

I don't remember seeing the error you described before. The questions above are based on an educated guess, only.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks!