Re: help - IFS

   Could his process be modified to simply execute a CHKOUT and loop until
   the file was no longer in use (CPFA09E) to allow him to continue to use
   his approach?
   From:        Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx>
   To:        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:        08/16/2012 09:47 AM
   Subject:        Re: help - IFS
   Sent by:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   I would definitely not recommend this method. The problem is simple.
   You have some job sitting on a wait and every few minutes it wakes up.
   You run a readdir and you find a new file and you start to process it
   but what happens when the file has not finished writing you get a
   partial file! Any method that uses polling is going to run into the
   same problem. That is why journaling is good. The journal entries are
   not written by the OS until the file has been written and closed.
   On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Craig Jacobsen
   <CJacobsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > Giel,
   >
   > I would just use readdir using Scott's IFS stuff.
   > Here is a reference:
   > [1]http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/ifs_ebook/readdir.html
   >

   > Craig

   [[2]mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Giel van
   der Merwe
   > Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:58 PM
   > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: help - IFS
   >
   > I get sent a XML file that is placed on the IFS in a dedicated
   library, but the file name changes, what would you recommend I do to
   get the file name, so that I could process in my RPGLE program, any
   ideas?

   ##############

   > The provisions of Sections 11,12, and 13 of the Electronic
   Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002, in so far as
   e-contracting is concerned is expressly excluded and contracted out by
    Barloworld South Africa (Pty) Ltd ("Barloworld") and no data message
   or electronic communication will be recognised as having legal
   contractual status as per the aforementioned provisions under any
   circumstances. All contracts concluded by Barloworld, its Business
   Units, Divisions and Subsidiaries will only be legally binding and
   recognised once reduced to physical writing and physically signed by a
   duly authorised representative of Barloworld.

   > All other provisions of  the Electronic Communications and
   Transactions Act, 25 of 2002 are accepted.

   ##############
   > Note:
   > This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
   confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
    If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
   all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
   notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
   disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
   are not the intended recipient. Avis and any of its subsidiaries each
   reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
   networks.

   authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

   > Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
   contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
   review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
   destroy all copies of the original message.  Unless expressly stated in
   this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be
   construed as a digital or electronic signature.