Re: Automating US Bank Data Transfers

   Not using FTPAPI, but SSL is a requirement for BoA ftp's.  To use it,
   we had to download their certificate to our 400, then it works good.
   Hope this helps.

   Jim Waymire

   On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Scott Klement <[1]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Hi Mike,
     Currently, FTPAPI does not support SSL at all.  This is mainly
     because I haven't had a use for it, myself.
     As someone who understands the network protocol internals, I think
     FTP over SSL is a kludge, and isn't especially secure. I would not
     recommend it unless you're given no alternative.
     Personally, I recommend using SFTP (SSH) instead.
     The note from US Bank that you cite also seems to be referring to
     SSH. (Though, I could be mistaken.) Typically, when you use SSL, you
     work with X.509 certificates, whereas they are referring to
     public/private keys. Granted, somewhere in the SSL certificate
     architecture, they're probably using public/private keys -- but when
     folks are referring to SSL, they don't usually use those terms.
     Whereas with SSH, public/private keys are the norm... so it seems
     likely that they are actually referring to SFTP (SSH).
     Maybe that's food for thought.
     But, if you are forced to use SSL/FTP, the IBM client does support
     it (to an extent, anyway) and you could potentially add SSL support
     to FTPAPI.  Or, you could purchase a 3rd party tool, such as the
     packages offered by Linoma (which look pretty nice to me...)
     -SK