Re: HTTPAPI using HTTP V/1.1 HOST: Header

hi Paul,

HTTPAPI is HTTP/1.1 compliant, and will automatically send the host: and other headers as needed.

-SK

On 6/28/2012 10:19 AM, pherrick@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
I am using the HTTPAPI on an I-series V6.1 OS.
I am a newbie, so please bear with me.

I want to consume a webservice, transmit XML and receive XML response.
The Webservice  requires my transmission to be HTTP 1.1 compatiple, meaning they want the “HOST:” header

I understand the typical format of HTTP header to be:

http://URLofwebservice.com HTTP/1.1
HOST:webservicehost.com

I am using the http_url_post program.

C                   eval      rc = http_url_post(
C                                  %trim(XURL) :
C                                  %ADDR(xxdata) :
C                                  %len(%trimr(xxdata)):
C                                  Filename)

Where XURL field  = http://URLofwebservice.com
Xxdata is my XML data
Filename is the file to receive the response on the IFS.

How do I tell http_URL_Post the value of the "HOST:"

Moreover, how do I specify other HTTP 1.1 header values like “Connection: keep-alive” etc.

Should I embed these in the top of the xxdata field?

Thanks to any help in advance.

Paul