RE: sending updates to a .svc program

> Can I accomplish this using http_post?  Is the process similar to posting other xml and txt files?

What do YOU think? You know way more about this service than we do.

We don't know anything but what you told us. And you obscured the URL so we can't do any further investigation. So...the answer is maybe.

Are you sure the it is .svc and not company.com/someservice.svc? It would appear that a .svc is just an implementation of a web service and not a top level domain (at least I couldn't find one with that name). Seeing as how it is HTTP you can use HTTPAPI to talk to it. How it works would be up to the implementers. How you get to it is easy enough if the .svc is in DNS. If you need to get on someone's VPN first, that would be a problem.

You really have to ask this question of your customer or give us full details on the service.