RE: reserved character in XML element value

I believe you are right (if contained in a CDATA section there is no need to escape &), but lest we get too far off subject, please ask this question on midrange.com or similar.

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Baugh
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 1:53 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: reserved character in XML element value

Hello,

I have a data item on file that I'm inserting into an element before posting it in a request. In this particular case, the data contains a '&' which is causing server's  parser to error out. I do have it wrapped in <![CDATA[  ...]]>. Obviously I'm misunderstanding  this, since I thought occurrences of such  would be accepted if  inside this wrapper.

Otherwise, am I correct in assuming that I'd need to search and replace any occurrences of this with &amp; before assignment?

Thanks,

David