Re: http_parse_xml_stmf error open(): No such path or directory

Hi David,

When you use the CALL command to call a program from the command-line,
the operating system converts your parameters into either a 32A or a 15P
5, depending on whether you type character or numeric data.   That means
that a program that wants to accept parameters passed directly from the
command-line MUST define it's parameters as either 32A, fixed length (or
shorter) or as a 15P 5.

You cannot pass a 50A VARYING parameter from the CALL command on the
command-line.   If you do, you'll get garbage characters in the
parameter data, and that will almost certainly cause the error you're
describing.

This has been the case since the S/38.  (It's not related to a 7.1 upgrade.)

To pass a 50A VARYING properly, you either have to write a *CMD object
as a front-end, or you need to call the program from another HLL that
supports VARYING fields (such as RPG or SQL).

-SK