Re: Dumb (?) Question

On 2012-04-29, at 12:08 PM, Henrik Rützou wrote:

>   Hi Jon,
>
>   why not save the result to a file and then use XML-INTO the overhead on
>   IFS
>
>   files are small

Because it is total overkill for the task. Also, since it will be part of a teaching example, it would be just plain confusing for those studying it because it doesn't really make sense.

The thing that surprised me was that this was not a standard part of HTTPAPI. Surely the Expat routines simply receive a pointer to the buffer? I was looking for a call similar to http_url_post_xml but that simply allowed me to specify a variable as a target for the whole stream rather than a call-back procedure.

Thanks to Scott I've got all the code - so I could write it myself - but I don't have the time to dig in deeply enough to do that right now. I am just surprised that others haven't needed it.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com