Re: trying to grab a web page and write to IFS on iseries

Hello,

> Any way to have the HTTPAPI append the DOWNLOAD file instead of
> replacing it?

No.  If you want something like that, you'll need to save it to a
temporary file, and concatenate them yourself.  (Maybe via QShell's
'cat' utility)

Or use the QShell interface, output to a pipe, and redirect the pipe so
that it appends.

> Can you suggest a way to tell if the web page is empty?

Depends on what you mean by empty?

If you mean the file is 0 bytes long, then the stat() API can tell you
the file size, in bytes.  Or, you could also use an HTTP XPROC or RAW
delivery to count the byte sizes yourself during transit.

If "empty" means it contains only blanks or other whitespace, you pretty
much have to write a routine.

...any other possible meanings for "empty"?

> I did a CPYFRMSTMF and then RTVMBRD to get the record count and file
> size.

Not the solution I'd pick, but I guess it works.

> Any better way?  RTVIFSD type command?  Cant find anything.

LOL!  That's essentially what the stat() API is.