Re: Unreadable characters

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but....  why would you have to use
QDCXLATE?  The data is passed to your program in EBCDIC.  Internally,
Expat (the XML parser behind post_xml) is working in UTF-16, which
cannot be translated by QDCXLATE.

So I really don't understand this response.  There has to be more going
on than you are telling us.  Maybe you're getting base64-encoded data,
back from the XML, and you need to decode that, and then use QDCXLATE?
that would make a lot more sense.