RE: HTTPAPI EXAMPLE16

> Someone  knows  what is it wrong?

Go to a command line on your IBMi and type nslookup.
You will get a command line. Type in the host part of the URL you are using. You'll get an answer back.
I typed in metro-dade.com and got this:

> metro-dade.com
  > Server:               172.22.1.1
  Address:        172.22.1.1#53

  Non-authoritative answer:
  Name:   metro-dade.com
  Address: 65.87.64.32

The server line tells me what DNS server I am using. That server looked up metro-dade.com and returned the address 65.87.64.32. I am sure 172.22.1.1 didn't know the address so it actually asked another server what it is and then returned that answer. It is non-authoritative because it didn't ask "THE" DNS server that services the metro-date.com domain but "good enough" for most web queries.

I suspect when you do the NSLookup, you will get back "I don't know". That means your DNS is NOT properly configured or you are asking for a bad address. Try some well-known addresses (msn.com, yahoo.com, google.com) and see what you get for answers.

>From your debug listing, it looks like your server will be 10.9.25.225. Is that a DNS server in your organization? You should probably have several different DNS servers listed in that part of the debug listing. The IBMi here looks like this:

Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN)
. . . . .   '172.22.1.1'
. . . . .   '172.21.1.1'
. . . . .   '66.84.180.13'

Here is what my PC's IPconfig /all shows:
                                    172.21.1.1
                                    172.22.1.100
As you can see, we have a similar set of servers. Usually whatever you have on your PC will work on IBMi. On the IBMi above, the first two servers are internal and the last one is our ISP's server. This allows a hierarchy in case one or two servers are down and it allows us to get to the outside world in those circumstances where our internal DNS servers are down. That is not the case on our PCs as all the addresses are internal. This is "on purpose".