RE: Problem: Post data getting garbled on British customer's box

I had an almost idenical problem on our British i-series. The square
brackets were being mistranslated when they went from ASCII to EBCDIC.

Scott Klement pointed out what the problem was and in our case it got
fixed. Check all your language settings.

On our box the problem was an inconsistency between the different
settings. We had:-

Syatem value QCCSID = 65535
Syatem value QCHRID = 695/1146
System value QCNTRYID = GB
System value QKBDTYPE = USB (this is probably wrong but does not appear
to affect the problem)
Syatem value QLANGID = ENU (US English)

We changed the QLANGID to ENG (British English) and the translations all
worked correctly.

Clive Johnson
RPG Developer

KURT GEIGER LIMITED
75 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3XF
t: +44 (0)207 546 1888 dl: +44 0207 546 1892
f: +44 (0)207 546 1880 m: +44
WWW.KURTGEIGER.COM