From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Baugh
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:00 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Buffer size?

Hi All

I'm receiving an XML stream and parsing out the values in the value
parameter. The size of the stream exceeds 1024 characters, but that's all
I'm getting in my val field. I'm using a data structure to point to the
address, then extracting that value from the buffer. Can anyone help please.

Here's the pertinent part of my code:

D Element_Val_t   ds                  qualified
D   buf                           *
D   len                         10U 0

http_xmlReturnPtr(*ON);

rc = http_url_post_xml(
'http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
                  : %addr(SOAP) + 2
                  : %len(SOAP)
                  : *NULL
                  : %paddr(Incoming)
                  : %addr(pdf_filename)
                  : HTTP_TIMEOUT
                  : HTTP_USERAGENT
                     : 'text/xml; charset=utf-8');  ...
P Incoming        B                   export
D Incoming        PI
D   filename                    20a
D   depth                       10I 0 value
D   name                      1024A   varying const
D   path                     24576A   varying const
D   value                             likeds(Element_Val_t)
D   Attrs                         *   dim(32767)
D                                     const options(*varsize)
D val             s          32767A   varying
/free
   if path = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'
        if (name = 'xxxxxxx');

        val = %str(value.buf);

etc, etc.

Here, val only contains the first 1024 characters of  the buffer.

Thanks in advance!

-David