Re: PDF's on IFS

Hello,

On 1/24/2012 7:41 PM, David Baugh wrote:
> I have successfully incorporated Scott's FULLELEM program to take an
> XML input stream containing a .pdf, and write the .pdf to the IFS.
> Beyond that,  I'm fumbling with what to do next...

I spent the last 20 minutes looking for something called "FULLELEM" to
try to figure out what you are referring to.  Finally, I discovered that
I wrote a program named FULLELEM in 2005 (nearly 7 years ago) that was
designed to demonstrate Expat.

Since your question doesn't appear to be related to FTPAPI or HTTPAPI,
please move it to another discussion forum.

Here's are the ones I check regularly:

http://www.systeminetwork.com/forums
http://www.midrange.com/lists.htm

>  If I browse to the file in the associated Windows directory
>  (/tmp/fname.pdf), Adobe won't recognize my file, but if I FTP it or
>  drag it out of iSeries Navigator to my desktop it's fine.

Sounds like you're doing something wrong, probably related to
translating the data between encodings.  (Which shouldn't be done here,
since PDF files are not text.)

Please start the discussing in a proper forum so we can discuss and
investigate this possibility.