Follow-up, Re: Can anybody make any sense out of this? (it involves lack of DNS)

Scott Klement wrote:
> Hi James,
> HTTPAPI supports via the http_setproxy() API
>
> If authentication is required for the proxy ("web applications
> firewall") then HTTPAPI supports BASIC authentication.  (But not NTLM or
> NTLMv2 at this time.)
> . . .
> Anyway, if you want to try it, you'll want to put code like this into
> your application, prior to doing any GET/POST with HTTPAPI:
>
>       http_setProxy( 'proxy.whatever.com': 8080 );
>
> Where proxy.whatever.com is the name of the proxy server ("web
> application firewall") and 8080 is the port number.

Thanks again, Scott.

But that raises another question: How does HTTPS fit into this?

There's no port number specified in the requests: it's just
 > https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/default/private/full?alt=jsonc
(followed by any additional query parameters, delimited by ampersands)

(And I'm thankful that Google allows me to get some much-needed REST,
than have my mouth washed out with SOAP again!)

--
JHHL