Re: Can anybody make any sense out of this? (it involves lack of DNS)

I think Mike and Scott pretty well covered this.  I use Microsoft ISA
server as my firewall and that guy has internal an IP of 10.0.10.2.  On
my i I have INTNETADR set to 10.0.10.2 and I also added a rule that
allows traffic from the i to pass to the Internet without authentication
otherwise I would have to use the technique that Scott described so that
the i could proxy to the Internet.

Not sure what the concern would be about DNS resolution.  If you are
allowing outbound traffic from the i to the Internet, you don't have any
more exposure if you used an external DNS server to resolve addresses.
Paranoia IS good, it just doesn't buy them anything I can see....

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java