From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of thomas.raddatz@xxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 9:40 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AW: Undesired CCSID conversion by FTPAPI

Werner,

You may also try to explicitly set the CCSID of your data with the

following AS/400 specific FTP command before sending the file:

   quote type c 1252
   put ...

It works well for me.

Thomas.

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 04.12.2011 16:13:22:

> Von: werner.noll@xxxxxxxxx
> An: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Datum: 04.12.2011 16:26
> Betreff: AW: Undesired CCSID conversion by FTPAPI
> Gesendet von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Hello Dennis,
>

> it took some time get the FTP_QUOTE or FTP_RMTCMD API executed on the

target
> iSeries system as there were a couple of additional security programs
> running which prohibited the access.
> Now it's working fine. I used FTP_RMTCMD but it would probably also run

with
> FTP_QUOTE.
>

> Many thanks for your help.
> Regards,

> Werner Noll
> Gesellschaft für Individual-Software mbH
> Ludwigstrasse 15
> 63739 Aschaffenburg
> Germany
> Geschäftsführer: Werner Noll, Bernd Schröder
> HR Aschaffenburg HRB 6020
> Phone: +49-6021-299880
> Fax: +49-6021-299882
> e-mail: werner.noll@xxxxxxxxx

server on
> the remote system does not (apparently) use the CCSID of the user

profile
> when creating a new IFS file.  (I assume this is to go into IFS.)
>

> But as for resolution, if there is no way to get the system to create

these
> files with the desired CCSID, I would follow the transfer with a call to
> FTP_QUOTE() to set the desired CCSID.  There are lots of other ways to

go
> about the same thing, such as creating the file beforehand, and using
> FTP_APPEND instead of FTP_PUT, et cetera....  Since these actions
> effectively become a part of the transfer, the concern about being a

batch
> process should be satisfied.
>

> I hope this helps.
>

> Dennis Lovelady
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/dennislovelady
> --
> "We lived for days on nothing but food and water."
>         -- W.C. Fields

> > I use Scott Klement?s FTP APIs with great success for many years but I
> always
> > used them for communication with systems other than iSeries.
> >

> > Now I need to transfer a streamfile with CCSID 500 from one iSeries to
> another.
> >

> > It?s done on the source system by a special user profile with CCSID

500
> and
> > the user profile on the target system is specified identical.
> >

> > Although I set explicitly binary mode to *ON the file becomes after
> > transmission CCSID 819 and the data is unreadable.
> >

> > Of course it?s possible to change the CCSID by CHGATR command but it?s

not
> > practical as this transfer should be part of a batch process.
> >

> > Can anyone give me some hints on my problem?
> >

> > Many thanks in advance.
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> > Werner Noll
> > Gesellschaft für Individual-Software mbH Ludwigstrasse 15
> >

> > 63739 Aschaffenburg
> >

> > Germany
> >

> > Geschäftsführer: Werner Noll, Bernd Schröder
> >

> > HR Aschaffenburg HRB 6020
> > Phone: +49-6021-299880
> > Fax: +49-6021-299882
> >

> > e-mail: werner.noll@xxxxxxxxx

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.