http_url_post_xml : Size limit ?

Hi Scott,
I would just like to know if these's a limit (of 32765 bytes) to the postData we can send with this API.
I need to call a webService to update thousands of items in another application, but to avoid overpassing the size of 32000 for the soap request, at the moment I'm obliged to make a call for each 200 items.
If possible I'd like to build one single request (that's no pb, i'm use to working with %alloc and so on), but I don't know if httpApi will like it.
Thanks for you response.
Best regards
Jerome