Question Regarding http_url_post_stmf

   I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

   I'm new to this, and am trying to receive from a web page some XML
   data.  I am able to get it working, but I think I'm missing some
   concept about the purpose of the stream file.  In my mind, I want to
   use the stream file to pass variables, entered by an operator.

   The only way I can get this to work is if I hard-code the entire URL,
   including variables into the rc.  It seems to be ignoring my stream
   file.

   Here my example:

   URL, with variables, I am attempting to connect to:

   [1]http://mytest.com/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi-am.sh/WService=wsam/websrc/ss3.p
   ?wfacct=user&wfacctpwd=pass&wfsite=variable1&wfsiteuid=variable2&wfsit
   epwd=variable3&wfvars=variable4,variable5, variable6

   c                   eval      stmf =
   '/HTTPPOST/httpout'

   c                   exsr
   GetStmfSiz

   c                   exsr
   CrtUsrSpc

   c                   exsr
   CopyToSpc

   c                   eval
   rc=http_url_post

   c                                 ('http://mytest.com'+

   '/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi-am.sh+

   /WService=wsam/websrc/ss3.p?wfacct=user+

   &wfacctpwd=pass+

   &wfsite=variable1&wfsiteuid=variable2+

   C                                 &wfsitepwd=variable3+

   &wfvars=variable4,variable5,variable6':

   c                                  p_data:
   st_size:

   '/httptest.html')

   c                   if        rc <>
   1

   c                   eval      msg =
   http_error

   c                   dsply
   msg

   c                   return

   endif

   I will take the advice of Mr. Klement and change this to use
   http_url_post_stmf once I get this whole stmf thing working.

   Thanks.