Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:56:50 -0700
From: Spencer Wofford <Wofford.Spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using HTTPAPI to access webservice that uses XML-XOP and MTOM
To: "ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have utilized the HTTPAPI to access many types of web service but I have come across one that I have not seen before.
XML-XOP using MTOM. (XML binary Optimized packaging using Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism.) The webservice that I am trying to access is IBM's Filenet P8 Enterprise File Storage System, which stores all kinds of files such as TIFF, PDF, etc...

There is a web service that allows you to specify an object ID and retrieve the binary contents of a file that has been stored in the system(called getContent).
I am pretty sure that the service program HTTPAPI was not designed to handle this branch of the SOAP/XML standards.

Has anyone run across this format before and have any alternative approaches or is there some procedure in httpapi I am missing?  The output looks similar to email multi-boundary content.