Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: WSDL2RPG - Version 1.14 available

   Tom,
   I am happy that you like WSDL2RPG and that it eventually worked for
   your web services.
   Believe it or not but changing the generator to support multiple
   operations per stub service program will be the next enhancement for
   WSDL2RPG (most likely). After I generated the stub for the
   "calculator.add" operation I remembered that missing feature and I
   tried to devide the web service specific procedures from the operation
   specific procedures.
   At the end I want WSDL2RPG to generate this modules per web service:
   a) one module containing the web service specific code (common code)
   b) one module per web service operation (operation specific code)
   I assume that you mean constant cSERVICE_UUID when you asked for
   "UUID", right? cSERVICE_UUID is used to group the memory that is used
   for attachments. So far I assume that I will use different UUIDs for
   the operations of a web service. So given that a WSDL specified 5
   operations I would generate 5 UUIDs. That way the user can decide on
   his own when to get and store the attachments or when to free the
   attachments (release memory).

   SOAPMessageEnvelope is the top-level callback procedure of the XML
   parser. It is an operation specific procedure that "knows" the
   top-level element of the body of the response message of your web
   service operation. For example for "calculator.add"
   SOAPMessageEnvelope delegates the processing to "tns_addResponseStart"
   and "tns_addResponseEnd".
   Thomas.
   ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 08.09.2011 03:51:46:
   > Von: Tom.Hall@xxxxxxxx
   > An: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Datum: 08.09.2011 03:58
   > Betreff: RE: Antwort: RE: WSDL2RPG - Version 1.14 available
   > Gesendet von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >
   > Thomas,
   >
   > That worked.  I've now successfully generated and tested client
   > proxies for several of our web services now.
   >
   > Another question:
   > Do you have some recommended best practices for generating a client
   > proxy that supports more than one operation?  When we develop our
   > web services we group related operations into a single WSDL.  In an
   > effort to achieve this, I'm experimenting with WSDL2RPG to combine
   > the separate client proxies into a single one since a lot of the
   > generated code is template.  Other than the operation-specific
   > procedures, I noticed that SOAPMessage_Envelope must be dealt with
   > and I'm unsure of the need to use multiple UUIDs.
   >
   > Regards,
   > Tom
   >
   > P.S.  Two years ago I implemented RPG web service clients using HTTP
   > API when WSDL2RPG was starting to take shape.  The project has
   > really matured and I congratulate you on the fine work you've done!

   Freeware
   > > page
   > >> at [5]http://www.tools400.de.
   > >>
   > >> Please notice that all date/time marshallers add the local time
   zone
   > > the
   > >> XML message, now:
   > >>
   > >>      Marshaller_toDateTime
   > >>      Marshaller_toDate
   > >>      Marshaller_toTime
   > >>      Marshaller_togDay
   > >>      Marshaller_togMonth
   > >>      Marshaller_togMonthDay
   > >>      Marshaller_togYear
   > >>      Marshaller_togYearMonth
   > >>
   > >> Further more I added parameter TGTRLS to the WSDL2RPG command.
   This

   -