Re: Connection with another site WebForm Size limit

Yes - but you can avoid it if you are on V6 or later by using the *Data parameter on the %Addr BIF.

E.g. If %Addr(varyingField) gives a pointer value of 1, then %Addr(varyingField: *Data) would give a pointer value of 3 or 5 depending on the length of the varying field.

On Sep 1, 2011, at 1:32 PM, HarryWilliams wrote:

> Quick question,
>
> I used  the WEBFORM_SetPtr, I noticed i had to add 2 to the pointer.  Is
> this because of the variable field, and the first 2 places?

> On 8/31/2011 5:01 PM, Scott Klement wrote:
>> Hi Harry,
>>
>> The usual complaint (that comes up frequently on this list) is that
>> WEBFORM_setVar() can only handle 256 chars of data for a form variable.
>>   The response we give to that is that you can use WEBFORM_setPtr(),
>> which does exactly the same thing as setVar, but allows megabytes for
>> the variable size.
>>
>> But, your complaint seems to be saying that WEBFORM_postData() limits
>> the entire form to 256 bytes.  That is not true.
>>
>> So either you're confusing WEBFORM_postData() with WEBFORM_setVar()?  Or
>> you have another issue that I'm not familiar with.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>

>> On 8/31/2011 4:44 PM, HarryWilliams wrote:
>>> Someone wanted us to send them a message on their site.  They put and
>>> XML variable in the Form HTML variable.  www.website.com?XML=<IN>xxx</IN>
>>>

>>>        callp     WEBFORM_postData( Form : myPointer
>>>                                         : dataSize )
>>>

>>> I noticed that the information that this webform could handle is 256
>>> characters.    We did expand a little more than that.  If I expand it,
>>> is there somewhere else it will bite be?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com