Re: Any Gotchas on using FTPAPI on PubNet?

I'm not familiar with PubNet, I'm only familiar with the FTP protocol.
Technically, there's no such thing in the FTP protocol as a 'get'
command. When you type 'get' into an FTP client, the client understands
that you want to retrieve a file.  From your command line, it extracts
the "local file name" (in your example, 850file.txt) and uses that to
open a file on it's end.  Then it sends the RETR command to the server,
followed by the parameter you specified as the remote path name. (* in
your example)

Here's a description from RFC 959 (the standard that governs FTP) for
the RETR command:

RETRIEVE (RETR)
This command causes the server-DTP to transfer a copy of the
file, specified in the pathname, to the server- or user-DTP
at the other end of the data connection.  The status and
contents of the file at the server site shall be unaffected.

So according to RFC 959, the parameter to the 'GET' command is a path
name to the file to retrieve on from the server.  Not a wild card!  And
only a single file can be returned.  Furthermore, the files on the
server side are never modified/changed by a GET request.

Not sure if that really helps you at all...   honestly, your question
isn't really for us, but is for the people at PubNet.  You want to know
what their software will do with the * character you sent -- and I can't
help you with that, I didn't write their software.