Trusting CA certificates

I would like to clarify my understanding of trusting CA certificates (Root
and intermediate) by an HTTPAPI client.

Until recently we have installed CA root and intermediate certificates in
the DCM, and then 'trusted' them individually using the 'Define CA Trust
List' procedure within Working with Applications.

If I change the parameter 'Define CA trust list' of my Application (within
Working with Client Applications) to 'No', will my httpapi client then
automatically trust any valid certificates used during an httpapi session ?

Looking at how my (V5R4) system is working at the moment, I think this is
the case, but I need to be sure before I advise my users of a change.

Many thanks

Regards

Ian Patterson