Re: Calling web service through URL and returning XML

hi Ron,

MKEXPATCL is a program that only runs when compiling HTTPAPI, and that's
something you have to do only once.  So you are not getting this error
when running (or building) a sample program, you are getting this error
when compiling HTTPAPI the first time.

HTTPAPI uses the EXPAT open source XML parser.  To build EXPAT, it runs
a CL program named MKEXPATCL as part of the HTTPAPI build process.  This
is the program you are reporting an error with.

EXPAT consists of 3 modules named XMLPARSE, XMLTOK and XMLROLE.  MKEXPAT
goes through these steps:

1) Compile the three modules.
2) Bind them into a srvpgm
3) Delete the modules (as a cleanup step, since the module objects are
no longer needed)

It appears that you are failing in step 3.  It's giving you a CPF2105,
saying that the XMLROLE module doesn't exist.

This doesn't make any sense at all... how did it succeed in building the
module object, yet result in the module not existing?  And even if you
somehow got past that, how could it bind the srvpgm without that module?
   It makes no sense at all.

My guess is that it failed in building the module.  Then it failed again
on the srvpgm, but you answered those messages with I=Ignore.

So...  with that in mind... to help you, we need to know why the CRTCMOD
that compiles XMLROLE is failing...  because that would be the root of
the problem. (But I'm making several assumptions in saying that.)

Perhaps look at the job log?