Re: SSL / Port 443 / HTTPAPI

Hi Colin,

You need to make sure SSL is installed and configured in IBM i (OS/400)
since HTTPAPI uses the operating system's support for SSL.  For
information on that, see the README member included with HTTPAPI.

Once that's done, simply start your URLs with https:// and SSL will be used.

There are many advanced topics regarding controlling certificate
sending/validation that surround SSL if you want to get into it that
deeply... but most people are happy with the basic https:// support, and
don't use the advanced stuff.

Thanks for contacting us.  Once you have the basic SSL support working,
if you want to do any of the advanced stuff, please feel free to ask
here on this mailing list.

-SK