Re: EBCDIC - AXCII translation issues

Hi Clive,

Just a heads up: Your debug trace file contains your userid/password...
  So if that wasn't a fake userid/password, you might want to change
your password on that site, since you've just sent it out to more than
1000 e-mail recipients on this list.

As for the CCSID issue...  it would help greatly if you could provide
the default CCSID number on your system (use DSPJOB, option 2, and page
down to 'Default coded character set identifier').  Also please tell us
the hex value of the [ character in your program (before translation)
and in the output file (after translation, when it looks like pounds
sterling).

Also... are you certain that you really want [1] in the XML element?
Usually when I see [1], it's been added by an e-mail client... and
doesn't truly belong in the XML.