htp_post_xml method used but handles remaining open on remote server

   I have been using these apis for quite some time, which work great.
   But recently we involved a project where we have an RPG application
   that invokes the http_post_xml and hits a `https' url to send a
   request and get a response back.  That all works well, but what I am
   seeing on the linux server in websphere is that there are these
   leftover `handles' that remain open and stay there til a default
   timeout of roughly 60 minutes.  Considering that each of these handles
   is fairly small in terms of memory usage, but if I have a large number
   of requests that go thru, then this is compounded a bit.  So what I am
   trying to figure out is why these `handles' are not closing.  In
   looking at the `http_post_xml()' method, it references external
   procedure `http_url_post_xml()', and below that there is
   `http_url_post_raw()' method... which contains the
   `http_persist_open()', http_persist_post()', and lastly executing
   `http_persist_close()' method.  No errors are thrown, but it would
   appear that the close is not truly happening.  Any thoughts?

   Dean Gorton

   ITM Technology

   Technical Analyst

   Wells Fargo Bank N.A.