RE: HTTPAPI authentication

First of all, congratulations.
Second of all, lucky you! You appear to have an authentication scheme that should be able to be handled by HTTPAPI.
Third of all, since you are new to HTTPAPI, continue to do the EXAMPLE programs - preferably in order from EXAMPLE1. When you get to EXAMPLE5, you find the answer to your first question.

It is really important that you look at, study and run (if possible) the EXAMPLE programs. This is as close to a manual as there is for HTTPAPI. Not only that, you will learn Scott's programming techniques and see how HTTPAPI is put together. The complete "tutorial" is not finished, but if you do the EXAMPLE programs, you will be way ahead of the game. Don't think you can "skip to the good stuff". It takes only a few minutes in each program to understand it. You will also see many of the capabilities of the APIs demonstrated including the authentication stuff. You will be miles ahead by understanding how stuff is done before having to ask the questions. The EXAMPLE programs are the documentation (along with the service program itself). Be sure to read them and understand.

Did you download the BETA? If not, go do that now. It contains the latest fixes and is very stable. It might save you some frustration along the way. http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/

Good luck!