Re: ftpapi - testing

hi Jim,

On 4/5/2011 11:57 AM, Jim Dorsett wrote:

> c            eval      file = 'jimdsavf'
> c            eval      files = 'jdorsett/' + %trimr(FILE)
[SNIP]
> c            if        FTP_put(sess:'files': 'files')<0

The way this is coded, you're trying to PUT a file that's named 'files'.
  This is no different from:

   eval   x = 'test';
   eval   myvar = x;

vs.

   eval   myvar = 'x';

When you put the string in quotes, it assigns a literal value. When you
leave the quotes off, it's treated as the name of a variable.

You're making the same mistake in your code.  You have this:

        if        FTP_put(sess:'files': 'files')<0

It should (presumably) be this:

        if        FTP_put(sess: files: files)<0

Hope that makes sense.   Also, FTPAPI currently only supports naming
convention 1.  It does not support the old-fashioned lib/obj naming
convention.  (I had no reason to support two naming conventions, since
namefmt 1 can address any object anywhere on the system.)

therefore, you should code it like this if you want to send a PF:

       eval      files = '/qsys.lib/jdorsett.lib/'
                       + %trimr(FILE) + '.file'

Good luck