Odd FTP Issue

Hi all.  This is not a direct issue with FTPAPI, but I am thinking this
may be the best source for troubleshooting help since it has lots to do
with FTP and the issue does show itself when using FTPAPI.

I have a site I am connecting to for some file transfers.  A couple of
days ago the connection stopped working and the error message returned
from FTPAPI was "530 Login incorrect.".

I had not changed any of my control files so I assumed it was some
change on the other side and submitted a ticket.  Trying to connect from
the command line on our System i yielded the same results.

After talking with their tech support today, I am able to do the following:

- Connect from a DOS prompt from my laptop (at a different location)
- Connect from a DOS prompt from a remote machine at the same location
as our primary System i
- Connect from our backup System i which is at a different location than
me or the primary machine.

So, I am hoping someone on the list can point me to some ways to try and
troubleshoot this or perhaps someone has even hit this sort of odd
scenario in the past.

Any wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks!