From: Dennis
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 9:18 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: FTPAPI and error :501 IP Address for data destination doesn't
match client's.

That sounds odd.  It sounds to me like the remote server is saying, 'you
told me to send data to you, but the address I'm to send the data to does
not match your address.'  Is that your assessment as well?

As far as I know, FTP servers are not equipped to choose an IP address to
which data will be sent.  In fact, I'm not convinced that they (need to)
know the IP address with which they're exchanging data.  They should instead
just send back to the client.  And this one is responding back to you,
telling you that it doesn't know how to respond back to you?  Say, what?

Do you have additional information?  Is there more to that error message
than you have supplied here?

Which version of FTP API are you using?