From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 8:27 AM
To: 'HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects'
Subject: RE: HTTP_Set_AUTH and WS-Security

Thanks for the Info Scott.

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:33 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects

Hi Steve,

HTTPAPI is a file transfer program.  It transfers data over a network
for you.  It does not know anything about SOAP, or how to generate it.
This includes WS-Security. (Which is an "add-on" to SOAP.)  HTTPAPI
doesn't even know that SOAP exists, much less WS-Security.  It's up to
YOU to generate data in SOAP format, and to add WS-Security elements to
that SOAP message, if you need it.

HTTP_setAuth() is for HTTP authentication.  HTTPAPI is designed to
know/understand the HTTP file transfer protocol, and so supports HTTP
authentication.  This is not related to WS-Security.

Likewise, HTTPAPI understands SSL. This also is unrelated to WS-Security.

Sorry!

xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecuri

xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurit

Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token
> -profile-1.0#PasswordText">passwd</wsse:Password><wsse:Nonce

EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-m

essage-security-1.0#Base64Binary">uY0FMEfI6dzTVHg6/DFazQ==</wsse:Nonce><wsu:

Created>2011-02-15T22:21:24.555Z</wsu:Created></wsse:UsernameToken></wsse:Se