RE: The response of http_url_post not always received

This is a little off the HTTPAPI track, but you can check the size of the file using stat()
http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/ifs_ebook/stat.html

If you want to manipulate the timeout value...see EXAMPLE2 from current beta and the http_url_post procedure definition in HTTPAPI_H.