RE: XML parse failed at line 1, col 0: no element found

It looks like you are oh so close. Did you run the WSDL through a tool or read some documentation on how to create the request and where to send it?

Look closely again...it would appear you made a mistake on the request...right at the beginning of your debug it shows what you requested (see the POST Host: and SOAPAction: lines).

http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_oper(POST): entered
POST /DataServices/servlet/webservices?ver=2.0&wsdl HTTP/1.1
Host: uspvl3k56-dev.rdigest.com:28080
SOAPAction: "service=Service_test_2"