RE: duplicate calls to web service

Hello Mike,

All requests are made in the same job. Here is the scenario:

On our web server is a submitted CL running that is listening to a DDM
data queue. The remote data queue is on our production box. Upon data
being placed in the data queue a second CL is called with data being
passed in as parameters.

The request is made from an RPG program called from the second CL. Each
time a request is made the second CL gets called. The files created in
the IFS all have unique names.

Suddenly it's hitting me---should I be submitting this second CL to a
jobq instead of calling it directly?

Kim Gibson

>From: Mike Krebs <mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: duplicate calls to web service
>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:27:12 -0600

>So long as you use unique named IFS files, you should be able to submit
the jobs to a jobq >with max active X (say 5). This would let several
jobs run at once. On error, you could >resubmit with a schedule time of
say an hour or two.