Certificate change causing problems

   A year ago, we experienced problems in HTTPAPI after we were put in a
   position where we had to change our certificate from a class 1 to a
   class 3.  After installing the new certificate and making no other
   changes to the application, we received this error:
   "(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received".
   We were not able to get past this issue.  Eventually, we were given a
   reprieve and the old class 1 certificate was renewed and the problem
   went away.
   The application using HTTPAPI was written in 2007 and has worked fine
   every year since then.  Each year we've renewed the class 1
   certificate and gone about our business.  We only have trouble when
   trying to migrate to the class 3 cert style.
   Now, we have little choice but to go to the class 3 cert and the error
   above is again rearing its ugly head.  Unfortunately, I'm a novice
   when it comes to certificates so any help is greatly appreciated.
   Here's what we determined last year during our analysis and what we've
   learned this time.  Below is a log as well of a recent test.
   We determined last time that gsk_secure_soc_read() is returning the
   410 error above.  This same error is being returned this time.  This
   is occurring after posting the initial request chain, but before
   getting to post the application data.  The post of the initial request
   chain does not return any error.
   Some traces have been performed and we've been told that the amount of
   data being returned after our initial request chain post is greater
   than 16384.  Is this a limit imposed by GSKit or HTTPAPI?  Can it be
   changed through a parameter or some other setting or am I even
   thinking of this limit the correct way?  I ask this because with the
   class 1 cert style, this error doesn't occur.  I guess I'm struggling
   to understand why a simple cert change would cause something like
   this.
   We do use application specific certs and the new cert has been
   associate with our application ID in the DCM.  We've tried
   initializing SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in HTTPS_INIT, each in turn;
   none of them work.
   Thanks for your help.
   Jeff
   Here's the log.
   HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
   OS/400 Ver V5R4M0
   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
   ProtLoc=0
   https_init(): entered
   ---------------
   Dump of local-side certificate information:
   ---------------
   -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
   MIIE5jCCA86gAwIBAgIQY3ATcjQOia9clOLFMidZSDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADCB
   3TELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxFzAVBgNVBAoTDlZlcmlTaWduLCBJbmMuMR8wHQYDVQQL
   ExZWZXJpU2lnbiBUcnVzdCBOZXR3b3JrMTswOQYDVQQLEzJUZXJtcyBvZiB1c2Ug
   YXQgaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudmVyaXNpZ24uY29tL3JwYSAoYykwNTEeMBwGA1UECxMV
   UGVyc29uYSBOb3QgVmFsaWRhdGVkMTcwNQYDVQQDEy5WZXJpU2lnbiBDbGFzcyAx
   IEluZGl2aWR1YWwgU3Vic2NyaWJlciBDQSAtIEcyMB4XDTEwMDgxMjAwMDAwMFoX
   DTExMDkwMjIzNTk1OVowggEdMRcwFQYDVQQKEw5WZXJpU2lnbiwgSW5jLjEfMB0G
   A1UECxMWVmVyaVNpZ24gVHJ1c3QgTmV0d29yazFGMEQGA1UECxM9d3d3LnZlcmlz
   aWduLmNvbS9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L1JQQSBJbmNvcnAuIGJ5IFJlZi4sTElBQi5MVEQo
   Yyk5ODEeMBwGA1UECxMVUGVyc29uYSBOb3QgVmFsaWRhdGVkMTQwMgYDVQQLEytE
   aWdpdGFsIElEIENsYXNzIDEgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgRnVsbCBTZXJ2aWNlMRowGAYD
   VQQDFBFBYmVyY3JvbWJpZSBGaXRjaDEnMCUGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYYc3NsYWRtaW5A
   YWJlcmNyb21iaWUuY29tMIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC5oiXX
   +JIww+86PVy41EKou24Ppq5cHqWn4DnD6nWiBb6vc+7chOCNmO3RD7vC9V/JZJq7
   mWdBJDItvoSetNHFF8nsulXpySaSxSxbtlqWzwwU0CP45RuqgASqZTDJ5AnX3mTw
   h+kopwKtuXhZljfAY5VzHDOxWcnTPpjoiULbfQIDAQABo4HiMIHfMAkGA1UdEwQC
   MAAwRAYDVR0gBD0wOzA5BgtghkgBhvhFAQcXATAqMCgGCCsGAQUFBwIBFhxodHRw
   czovL3d3dy52ZXJpc2lnbi5jb20vcnBhMAsGA1UdDwQEAwIFoDAdBgNVHSUEFjAU
   BggrBgEFBQcDBAYIKwYBBQUHAwIwFAYKYIZIAYb4RQEGBwQGFgROb25lMEoGA1Ud
   HwRDMEEwP6A9oDuGOWh0dHA6Ly9JbmRDMURpZ2l0YWxJRC1jcmwudmVyaXNpZ24u
   Y29tL0luZEMxRGlnaXRhbElELmNybDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFAAOCAQEAVYNZELp3
   l0sd/dudIbZVnSBbMowJ3Yqn2Iv9w548QwWCkC5XSQo8KlGG8wEeXa7YIFY9JVRL
   gIjZpdAf/A4RfsT4J6qdA3+hkDSoXzm0tlYtqYgFdN9/6WMXteKEAf2s4LvtQIG9
   s3E44ZtzS5wG4mK2zgWwkhHr0AsjA/vCq15azRmNJOFharmvquW7AvXiW5i5R90s
   sS4i0IJqTo9Y6UneenB6F6iflPgDkZ1Sd2jNR2+0I0dg66M7atoes6UFrtlwCVfu
   ssotXGKwPH4H6xYsiZNOKFOgRZnLCBG1HhmK5r9vzB0XC8m+GHxxE5v8XbGeFOYJ
   /NpSUmAUXHRcAQ==